The information on this site has been written by the Plastic Surgeons, Doctors and Allied Health Professionals of ARC Plastic Surgery. The authors have made it as accurate and easy to understand as possible, but:
- You should never rely only on this site to make decisions concerning your health. It is intended to provide introductory, basic information only and is not a substitute for a proper and thorough consultation with a specialist plastic surgeon or doctor.
- It does not purport to be complete.
- Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate information, it will inevitably contain mistakes.
- It will become out of date in some areas very quickly.
- No images have been retouched but a digital picture on a computer screen may minimize imperfections or scars which in real life would be more visible.
- Recovery times reflect average times only. Some patients recover much more slowly, and some more quickly. This is an individual thing, which may happen to you. For example, if the recovery time provided says that on average you may be bruised for 7 to 10 days, some people may be bruised for several weeks, and some others may have no visible bruising at all.
- In Plastic Surgery, there is often more than one solution to a problem. Therefore, this site reflects the views and practice of individual surgeons as accurately and honestly as we can convey them. Another surgeon might well offer a different method of handling a given problem which is just as relevant and useful. We are shaped as practitioners not only by the accumulation of 100 years of plastic surgical research and knowledge, but our personalities, ages, training and experience as well. As the patient, you should expect the surgeon to inform you of their views in an open, honest and helpful manner. If you seek several opinions, you must judge for yourself the view which best fits your own personality and requirement.
- Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health professional.
With respect to documents and information on this website neither ARC Plastic Surgery nor their employees and contractors make any warranty, expressed or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose with respect to documents available from this web site. Additionally, ARC Plastic Surgery assumes no legal liability for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, product, or process disclosed herein and does not represent that use of such information, product, or process would not infringe on privately owned rights.
Links To External Web Sites
Links from this web site to other web sites are for the convenience of the user. Such links do not constitute an official endorsement or approval of any private sector web site, product, or service.